Sunday, April 5, 2015

The blog is risen!

So now that I'm probably in trouble with half my readers for that blog post title, here's the scoop on what's happened over the past year and a half.

First, I'm sorry to have disappeared for so long. I actually ended up getting a fiction book deal, and then it turned into another, and then the third in the trilogy was contracted, and, well, you get the picture. The first two are available in ebook and paper, and the third is currently ebook only.  All of them involve much eating and drinking of alcoholic beverages.




And then book four, which is a stand-alone, is coming out on May 12. It actually has a character who's an oenology student.


For info on the books including links to excerpts and places where you can buy them, please visit my writing blog, Cecilia's Random Writings.

Second, there's been a lot of personal and health stuff that I'm not going to go into and some major developments with the day job. Yep, it's been busy, and I now have a minion. But never fear, through it all, we have continued to drink lots of wine and eat really good food. In fact, here's what I'm drinking today:
Wolf Mountain Vineyards 2013 Blanc de Syrah Brut

Oh, and we got a kitten. Kittens are bad for productivity, but at least he knows what one does with a bottle of wine. Yeah, it makes me worry that he's observed us open a few too many of these that he knows that the top comes off.

Meet Timothy Mouse. Look at that smug grin.

I couldn't find evidence of him decanting it.

So here's what Hubby and I have planned moving forward:

1.  Since we do most of our cooking over the weekends, we end up doing most of our food and wine pairings then. I'm going to try to write about what we ate and drank as well as recipe commentary. With regard to cooking expertise, I'd rate us as moderately proficient, which means we're still learning and making mistakes. Yes, I'll post about the mistakes, too. Just don't ask about the purple tofu.

2. I'm going to try to bring some of my psychology background into the blog with interviews of people in the wine industry. If you are such an individual and would like to be interviewed, please email me at cecilia (at) ceciliadominic (dot) com

3. Continued commentary on wine, wineries, and restaurants.

4. More random posts from Hubby because he's good at random, and he's really funny.

5. An updated site. Yep, it's in progress. We'll let you know when we move it.

No comments: